Are you a 4-H member or alumni, aged 18-25 with a dream for a greener, healthier, more sustainable world? Through our Careers on the Grow placement at FoodShare in Toronto, Ontario, you can build upon your technical and employable skills while gaining meaningful work experience that expands your professional network.
Careers on the Grow Placement Benefits
- Hands-on opportunity to develop new skills and explore your passions;
- Room and board will be provided to members, either through on-site accommodations or with host families;
- Available placements take place in May 2018.
- An honorarium will be granted for each week worked.
Safety and Housing
Host families are needed in Toronto for the Careers on the Grow placement at FoodShare. To apply to become a host family for this program, please visit https://exchange.4-h-canada.ca. All host families will be screened and selected host families will receive a stipend to help cover costs of room and board. Screening requirements include:
- Criminal Record Checks for all adults over 18 years of age in the home.
- Provision of three family and home references.
- Online application form, including photos verifying suitability of home.
Registration and Costs
There are no registration fees for the Careers on the Grow placements. Members are responsible for fees associated with their passport and baggage fees.
Apply online between September 1, 2017 and January 15, 2018 at https://apply.4-h-canada.ca. Successful candidates will be contacted for a phone interview.